Adapted from Simply Recipes
6 small to medium sized baking potatoes
Freshly ground sea salt
Freshly ground pepper
6 strips of bacon
150g grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Scrub the potatoes clean, rub with olive oil and bake in oven for about an hour until the potatoes are cooked through and give a little when pressed.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cook the bacon strips in a frying pan on medium low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Let cool. Crumble.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let cool enough to handle. Cut in half horizontally. Use a spoon to carefully scoop out the insides, leaving about 1/2cm of potato on the skin.
- Increase the heat of the oven to 230°C. Brush oil all over the potato skins, outside and in. Sprinkle with salt. Place on a baking rack in a roasting pan. Cook for 10 minutes on one side, then flip the skins over and cook for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool enough to handle.
- Arrange the potato skins skin-side down on the roasting pan or rack. Sprinkle the insides with freshly ground black pepper, cheddar cheese, and crumbled bacon. Return to the oven.Bake for an additional 2 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven. Use tongs to place skins on a serving plate. Add a dollop of sour cream to each skin, sprinkle with green onions.