1 cup thick Greek yogurt*
1/2 cup English/Continental cucumber (the long skinny type that usually comes wrapped), grated
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tspn lemon juice
sea salt and cracked pepper
- Strain the liquid out of the grated cucumber by placing it between a few layers of paper towel and squeezing. It is important to do this step otherwise the tzatziki will be watery.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, cucumber, garlic and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add more salt/pepper/lemon juice/garlic to make it perfect for your tastebuds.
- Serve with warm pita bread and crudites.
* To make your own thick Greek yogurt (and save a few bucks), check out my previous post for some tips.