We've recently been trying out a gluten-free diet, so this week we prepared this dish with rice penne. We couldn't even taste the difference, so if you're gluten intolerant give this recipe a go!
Chicken Pasta with Rocket and Lemon
250g pasta (penne or fusilli work well)
1 chicken breast, cut in small chunks
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 lemon, zested and juiced
pinch of dried chilli flakes
2 tablespoons basil pesto
2 cups of fresh baby rocket (arugula)
grated parmesan, to serve
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, fry up the chicken pieces in a little oil over medium-high heat. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Add the garlic, chilli and lemon zest, and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the chicken has cooked through.
- Drain the pasta, reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Add the pasta and reserved liquid to the frypan with the lemon juice and pesto. Stir to evenly combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, and add the rocket. Stir over medium heat until rocket has just started to wilt.
- Serve into bowls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.